Health officials say that home is the safest place to be during the COVID-19 pandemic; however, that's not necessarily true for victims of violence and abuse. Isolation forces victims into uncomfortable and unsafe circumstances. That is why the frequency and severity of domestic abuse will likely increase due to quarantine amid COVID-19.
If you are a victim of domestic violence, our heart goes out to you during this difficult time. Please consider the following resources below and/or call our firm today for a free consultation to determine your legal options going forward.
Civil Protection Orders in Idaho
- Legal remedy that protects victims of domestic violence, stalking, and/or harassing behavior
- If granted by a judge, civil protections orders prevent someone from contacting another for a period of 14 days to 1 year
- Call our firm to find out how we may be able to help you obtain a civil protection order 208-344-0128
Women and Children Alliance in Boise, ID
- Local organization that provides emergency lodging (called the Crisis Center) and other support for women and children fleeing from domestic violence or sexual assault
- 24/7 hotline: 208-343-7025
- Crisis Center is open Monday through Friday, 8 am to 5 pm, located at 720 W. Washington Street
Advocates Against Family Violence in Caldwell, ID
- Local organization that provides emergency lodging (called Hopes Door), a 24/7 hotline, and affordable single-family homes for rent for women and children of domestic violence
- 24/7 hotline: 208-459-4779
- Hopes Door emergency shelter: 208-459-6279
- Housing rentals: 208-459-6330 ext 122.
Rose Advocates in Weiser, ID
- Local confidential hotline available 24/7
- Phone: 208-414-0740
- Email: https://www.roseadvocates.org/contact-us
- Instant messenger available on their website at https://www.roseadvocates.org/
National Domestic Violence Hotline
- Nationwide confidential hotline available 24/7
- The NDVH provides lifesaving tools and immediate support to victims of domestic violence
- Phone: 1-800-799-SAFE (7233)
- Email: [email protected]
- Instant messenger: https://www.thehotline.org/what-is-live-chat/
There are no comments for this post. Be the first and Add your Comment below.
Leave a Comment