How Much Does It Cost To Hire An Attorney?
FAQ - How Much Does It Cost To Hire An Attorney?
Every case is unique and, because of this, we do not set a specific fee for a specific type of case. The costs of representation depend on a number of different factors including:
- The crime or crimes the potential client is seeking representation for
- The facts of the case
- The criminal history of the potential client
- What step of the criminal process the client is in
- The specific goals, needs, and expectations of the potential client
- The age of the potential client (I typically give a price break to juveniles and young adults)
- The likelihood that the case is headed to trial
This list is not exhaustive and could include many many more factors.
If you would like to discuss the cost of representation in your case - give us a call. Let us take a moment to discuss the situation.
This is a common question asked by potential clients. People do not typically put money into savings just in case they are charged with a crime.
Most of the time we do not accept payment plans. We do not want to be a bill collector and we have been burned too many times in the past by clients who fail to make payments. However, in special situations we might be willing to make an exception. If you are worried about being able to afford the costs of representation, let us know how much you can afford to pay up-front and how long you would need to make additional payments. We tend to make reasonable accommodations if it is warranted.
Even if we are willing to accept a payment plan, the terms of such a plan would still include payment in full within a short period of time (typically a month). Unfortunately, we do not accept 6-month or 1-year payment plans. If this is what you are looking for, we would consider representation from the public defenders office.