While getting convicted of Driving Under the Influence (DUI) is always a serious matter, an aggravated DUI charge will present many extra negative consequences and challenges.
Aggravated DUI charges can result in a felony conviction. Felony DUI convictions have much more severe punishments and long-lasting effects on a person's life, both professionally and personally.
What Is An Aggravated DUI?
Being charged with an aggravated DUI in Idaho means you are being accused of committing additional offenses besides driving while intoxicated. Common aggravated DUI charges result from cases involving (but are not limited to) the following:
- Car accidents in which people were seriously injured or death occurred
- A driver with multiple DUI convictions
- The transporting of minors at the time of DUI
If you are charged with a felony Aggravated DUI you are subject to:
- Fines that can reach over $5,000
- Prison sentences lasting multiple years
- A license suspensions
- A felony on your record can also severely complicate future employment and educational opportunities
To learn more about the penalties involved in an aggravated DUI seethe following:
Hire A Lawyer That Will Fight For You!
If you are charged with a DUI in Idaho, you need a lawyer that will fight to protect your rights. Call me today for a free consultation!