Let Me Prove That I Am Worth Your Trust.
I am young, no way around it. You can hire someone who is older than I am or has been practicing law for longer than I have, in fact, I am happy to recommend a few if that is important to you. However, don't be fooled into believing that makes them any better at what they do. Relying purely on the grey in someone's hair or their years in practice can lead you to spend more money on an attorney who is bored, jaded, overworked, and just going through the motions. I work one-on-one with every client. Give me the opportunity to prove that I am worthy of your trust. Consultations are free so what do you have to lose?
I have a proven record of success. Although I am young and have been in practice for less than 10 years, I have more experience than many attorneys with twice my years in practice. I credit Chuck Peterson for this; working with Chuck has allowed my to gain hands on experience in very large and complex criminal cases early in my career. I hit the ground running from day one of my legal career - handling a caseload ranging from simple infractions to the most complex felonies. As a criminal defense attorney I have handled nearly every type of case. There is no case to small for my attention, and no case to large for me to handle.
My clients are happy they hired me and not someone who has been practicing longer than I have. Client satisfaction is my first priority. I fight for my clients and I have the talent, drive, and passion to get them the result they deserve. You don't have to take my word for it, read my reviews: Client Reviews.
I am good at what I do because I am hungry. I want to be the best at what I do, period. I am hungry to prove that I belong at the top level of this profession, not just locally but across Idaho, the west, and even nationally. I want my clients to be confident that they hired the best possible attorney to represent their interests. I want people to know who they would call if they ever found themselves in need of help. This goal can't be achieved easily. I can only achieve this goal by working hard on every case, fighting hard for every client, and letting the results of my labor speak for themselves. Your case will get my full attention and my full effort.
I Work Hard.
I put my blood, sweat, and tears into every case I take. I word hard! In order to do this I limit how many cases I take at a time. Instead of attempting to maximize profits by taking on every potential case, I turn many away. I do this so I can give each client the attention and the passion they deserve.
I Am A Proud Idaho Native.
I was born and raised in Boise. I grew up traveling all over the state, experiencing all the bounty Idaho has to offer. Many relatives from both sides of my family still live in Idaho, including my parents. I am a proud Boise High School graduate and although I moved to San Antonio, Texas for college, I moved back to Idaho as soon I graduated. When I decided to get my law degree, I made the easy decision to attend University of Idaho's School of Law. In Law School that I met my wife, Hannah, who grew up in Idaho Falls - just down the street from the house where my father grew up. Hannah and I were married in 2016 on the shores of the Payette Lake and soon there after we purchased a house in Boise. My Idaho roots run deep.
I consider myself lucky to be an Idahoan. Despite, all its beauty and splendor, Idaho's most valuable asset is it's people. I have had the chance to meet and talk with people from all over the state and although we are all different, we have more in common than not. We are a proud, independent group of people. We value hard work, family, community, and trust.
I am connected to the people of Idaho, this is why I have chosen to set up my practice here. This community has given me a great deal over the years. I am committed to giving back by helping those who need help, protecting those who are under attack, and fighting for those who need an advocate. I want to be Idaho's Attorney.
Why Criminal Defense?
People often ask me why I have focused my practice on criminal defense; why would I want to spend my time defending "criminals"? To be blunt, I could be making more money practicing bankruptcy law, defending hospitals against malpractice claims, or working for an insurance company. I could be a prosecutor (the supposed "good guys") working to punish people for their mistakes. I focus my practice on criminal defense for a couple of reasons:
- Everyone deserves respect. You should not be treated like a "criminal" just because you have been accused of a crime.
- Everyone makes mistakes. Like everyone else, I have made my fair share of bad choices in my life. I firmly believe that people's mistakes should not define them; they should not have one bad decision follow them around for the rest of their life.
- People need my help. For the most part my clients are good, hardworking, productive members of society. They are not evil or dangerous. They are scared and looking down the barrel of a complex and unforgiving system. Yes, they may have made a bad choice but they are also our friends and neighbors. They deserve the same respect and legal protections as the rest of us.
- I believe this is the best way for me to serve the community of Idaho. No matter what your political position, there can be no doubt that citizens must be protected from the power and zeal of their own government. This is why our country was formed. Our Constitution was written to protect the individual against tyranny and oppression. These protections only work if we fight to maintain them. If we allow the government to accuse and convict people without challenge, we allow these protections to be taken from us.
- Not everyone who is charged with a crime is guilty. The system sometimes gets it wrong! In fact this probably happens more often then the average person knows. Unless we challenge the accusations made by the state, challenge our criminal justice system, our government may unjustly take away the futures, the property, and freedom of innocent individuals: “It is more important that innocence be protected than it is that guilt be punished" - John Adams.
I Am An Experienced Trial Attorney.
Getting the result you deserve may require a trial. I am an experienced trial attorney with a record of success. Many attorneys are scared or insecure in the courtroom. I love being in the courtroom! Still other attorneys consider themselves too busy to take every "small" case to trial; they would rather settle your case then make the extra effort. This can result in clients settling their case for less than they deserve. I will not let this happen. Let me fight for you.
Read My Reviews.
No need to take my word for it!
CLICK HERE to read all my reviews.