YOUR RIGHTS You have the right to remain silent. If you wish to exercise that right, say so out loud. You have the right to refuse to consent to a search of yourself, your car or your home. If you are not under arrest, you have the right to calmly leave. You have the right to a lawyer if yo...
Schofield and Young Blog
Welcome to the Schofield and Young blog! Below you will find posts that cover a wide variety of topics centered around Idaho Criminal Defense, including:
- Criminal Defense Strategies
- Idaho DUI Defense Topics and DUI Laws
- Answers to Common Questions
- Advice For Criminal Defendants and Their Families
- Boise (Ada County) Specific Criminal Defense Issues
- Idaho Law and Any Changes
- Idaho Supreme Court Decisions
- High Profile Idaho Criminal Cases
- Firm Case Results
- Observations Made By Our Attorneys
- And Anything Else We Think Might Be Important To The Idaho Community
If you are looking for information and can't seem to find it here, contact us! We would be happy to answer whatever questions we can.
Check back for regular updates!
Any person who has been pulled over by an officer for a traffic violation may have their car sniffed by a drug dog during the traffic stop. The U.S. Supreme Court, in Illinois v. Caballes, stated that a drug dog could perform a sniff of a stopped car regardless of the reason for the stop. Accordi...
the tendency to interpret new evidence as confirmation of ones existing beliefs or theories.